Re: [opensuse-project] After the Richard talk... what's new for openSUSE
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 May 2015 20:21:26 +0200
Martin Schlander wrote:

Torsdag den 7. maj 2015 12:46:03 skrev Henne Vogelsang:
On 06.05.2015 19:09, Martin Schlander wrote:
hardcore bleeding edge people
must need something predictable and stable for their girlfriend

Phew. The biggest group of people on this planet that could consume
Tumbleweed, or anything else we produce, identify themselves as
female and girlfriends. I doubt they will consider doing anything at
all with us when they hear how dismissive we talk about them...

I'm not talking dismissive of them. I'm not a Tumbleweed user myself
and never will be (at least not primarily), I need mah stable, frozen
openSUSE!

Apologies for not being overly constructive above what to do with the
SLE source. Martin has hit the nail on the head - we need a stable
release for people who just want to get some work done - girlfriends,
wives, husbands, children, parents, grandparents, employees, work PC,
media centre, home server. My media centre is my personal nightmare - I
don't dare touch it, I don't want to upgrade mythtv only to find out
that every mythtv client box needs upgrading too.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (16.1°C)