Re: [opensuse-project] After the Richard talk... what's new for openSUSE
Thanks all for your valuable inputs.

As the recent "thread" about for example systemd, I wonder how much community
resources
it could consume. And what is the best balance?

What's pretty sure :

- on marketing side, it could be harder to become hot with a
version number of the package that seems old.

- on support side, making aware all our supporter on ml, forums, social network
about the situation (of all package) their strengths and weakness, will be
a big task of education and communication. Explaining correctly to a user
that has a too much new hardware, when to apply for another kernel
(kernel:stable)
and what will be the related consequences.

- maintenance side, reviewing all of them (mean read and understand) will use
more packagers, reviewers contribution time.

Keep going on, we're drawing our future.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

openSUSE Member & Board, fsfe fellowship
GPG KEY : D5C9B751C4653227
irc: tigerfoot