Re: [opensuse-project] Don't search developers. Develop them. Events, events everywhere
On 07.05.2015 18:43, James Mason wrote:
On 05/07/2015 06:56 AM, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
Hey,

On 07.05.2015 10:23, Richard Brown wrote:

but when we look around and call for volunteers to actually help,
like we did for the 13.2 release process, or oSC 15, we're very
lucky if we get anyone helping at all

That's the point I was trying to inspire a discussion about. I
think we need to think very hard and with a very open mind about
what this means.

What are the reasons that people don't answer our calls for help?

Henne

How can I help?

Are there concrete tasks that need to be done? Are they listed
somewhere? Is there a general "we need help with X" wiki page?

Technical tasks are probably visible at some OBS/wiki page, but that is
still too hard to find and consume.

Also, I often feel that as somebody not (any more) working for SUSE I
always miss a bit of the background details, the plan and maybe the
skills, as Coolo will always be faster in doing something himself than
helping somebody to do the job. I know that'S hard to change (given
brain capability conditions and available time) but.... that is still a
problem. Maybe somebody is creative on how to improve on that...

Last but not least, for many people it's hard to find motivation to work
on a project that feels a bit ...lets say outdated meanwhile. That
however, can change quickly, and this kind of discussion help with that.

regards,

Klaas