Re: [opensuse-project] After the Richard talk... what's new for openSUSE
Onsdag den 6. maj 2015 18:42:27 skrev Greg Freemyer:
Who will work on SLE based openSUSE? I doubt Tumbleweed packagers will
move
3-4 years back in time trying to build stuff. At least some Tumbleweed
packagers care about the Tumbleweed based releases, of course mostly
around
release time when they're still 98% identical to Tumbleweed.

I think you are missing a big part of the picture: SLE Point releases:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SUSE_Linux_distributions#Suse_distributions

So SLE 11 and 12 point releases came out

11.0 2009-03-24
11.1 2010-06-02
11.2 2012-02-29
11.3 2013-07-01
12.0 2014-10-10

As I understand it SLE Core would be updated with each point release.
And those point releases are rather all inclusive so you often get a
new kernel and software stack.

So SLE core would not be 3-4 years behind Tumbleweed as I understand it.

Really? I don't know too much about the SLE service packs, but it's my
impression that they're not that exciting and don't upgrade too much stuff.
Particularly not from a desktop user point of view.