Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 2016: taking a picture of openSUSE today
On 11/30/2013 04:05 PM, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am 30.11.2013 18:24, schrieb Robert Schweikert:

I believe that for the foreseeable future the mill of producing regular
releases is necessary simply to appease people's expectations. Changing

People's expectations are as different as the people having them. So I
wouldn't put too much weight on it. If we find something that pleases
us, but breaks expectations I would favor it anytime over something that
pleases "people" but leaves us unhappy.

It is a timing thing, nothing else. Paradigm shifts or shifts in behavior and the acceptance of changes rarely happen overnight. I am advocating for patience and gradual changes. Nothing more nothing less.

As you said in the other thread, what people expect and the information they have about what they perceive to be the future direction has a large influence on their decisions today. I agree with you and think we need to be mindful of this.

Later,
Robert

Tech Lead
Public Cloud Architect