Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 2016 picture
On 11/28/2013 09:47 AM, Greg Freemyer wrote:

Vincent Moutoussamy <vmoutoussamy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

2) Are there any other aspects relevant in this discussion? Can you
summarize
them?

Speaking of the desktop focus and how to attract more users or being
cooler than other distro,
maybe we have to be interested by the "gaming wave" that is coming to
the linux world.

This mean to provide an easy way to install/update the latest version
of :
- graphic drivers,
- Steam !! (http://en.opensuse.org/Steam),
- Voice chat software for gaming,
- wine.

I suggest an area of focus we currently miss is team building infrastructure.

As a short term goal, if small teams is going to work well a video conferencing
needs to be targeted, supported and used by the project teams.

Google hangouts is a real option, but it depends on a plugin from google. As
of yesterday, the plugin on Google's site didn't work with 13.1.

Well, it appears to be hit or miss. The plugin works fine on my desktop (13.1 x86_64 installed from scratch with much grumbling) but dumps on my laptop (13.1 x86_64) upgraded via zypper dup. I have not had the time to dig into the differences, could be the video driver, who knows....

But that's a different thread ;)

Later,
Robert

Tech Lead