Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 2016 picture
On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 13:48:42 +0100
Bruno Friedmann <bruno@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If you pay me the second 1TB ssd drive I need in my laptop I could
afford such a system.

As mentioned, if you have RAID 0, you will waste the same amount of
storage space, with no protection in case of bad software update, ...

The only way is : Having factory with almost no
crash or clash.

... but if you need whole terabyte, out of 1 terabyte then you are
better served with stable release.

I don't need 1 TB, and that is the fact for 90% of computer users. We
can use (test) Factory on a bare metal for us and you :)

Having factory with no crash is fine ideal, but without bare metal
testing it is just halfway jump over a chasm.

Why I stop debugging and using factory, was the fact that I lost ~12
days of full paid days in a year. This represent a big amount of
money (the real one). And also a pure lost of useful contribution
time.

Right, but there will be always some place on assembly line that is
used to test new products. It will have horrible fail rate, even if not
outright broken. We call it Factory, other may have different names.

I want to contribute, more and more, help me !
:-)

Another benefit of double installation is ability to have repositories
with development projects of own interest integrated in testing, That
way one can have the latest in graphics with ability to feed info back
to openSUSE and upstream. Currently with stable feedback is late, even
when still valid.

--
Regards, Rajko.