Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 2016: taking a picture of openSUSE today
Hi Klaas,

I will answer you in general instead of in detail since I just sent a second
mail that hopefully bring more light.

I am totally aligned with this motto Get Shit Done! Have
more fun!... if we know where we are going.

And I think this the right time (for the openSUSE Team and SUSE) to stop
working for a few weeks, raise our head and analyze the field.

Believe me if I tell you that we do this to make sure we can concentrate the
following months/years in executing in one direction. We want to be proactive,
not reactive.

The openSUSE Team has talked very little and worked a lot these past few
months. After these process, it would be a good sign if we can go back again
to that mode. It would mean that we all agree on the direction we will be
taken so we can put our 100% in making it possible....or die trying :-)

But we cannot and shouldn't do this alone. We both understand that. My team
too. SUSE also believe it. I feel supported on this view.

Alignment in essential. We cannot expect contributors and users to support us
in this new journey (no matter the final direction taken) if we do not provide
our motivations and full picture. This is an essential part, in my opinion, of
transparency.

Very soon we will be talking about concrete actions, don't worry ;-) I love to
talk about strategies and directions...with a beer. Let's get one next week,
by the way.