Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 2016: taking a picture of openSUSE today
Le 27/11/2013 11:02, Manuel Trujillo (TooManySecrets) a écrit :
On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 10:55 AM, jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm pretty sure than a better *documentation* of the upgrade is the real
better choice.

In a desktop environment maybe, but not in a database server, or web
server, or XXX server. Trust me :)

not sure. I'm even sure of the contrary. I manage my own server hosted online and for the same reason I could not work for openSUSE I couldn't update the server, it's still on 11.4. and it works :-)

but now the work of building the new server I began more than one month ago is tremendous: nearly all had changed!

I try to document my work here:

http://dodin.info/wiki/index.php?n=Doc.OpenSUSE-small-ThirdEdition

the true solution should be an infinite rolling release (never have to change anything but updating), but I know it's impossible

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.org