Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 2016: taking a picture of openSUSE today
  • From: Axel Braun <axel.braun@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 11:08:41 +0100
Am Mittwoch, 27. November 2013, 11:01:20 schrieb Manuel Trujillo:
it's not a criticism. I can see ubuntu project because there is an
ubuntu-fr very active group (I'm french). The most visible project part
are the goodies. dvd where very appreciated, but there are no more (I try
now to discuss this on the ambassador list). The project is something
geeks can appreciate, not really the others.

I have a great and healthy envy by the Ubuntu community. We may have a
better distribution in many respects, but they (ubuntu) supplement
this deficiency very well with a great community.

Indeed. For whatever reason, Ubuntu is much more hyped, although I feel that
openSUSE is much more user friendly (YaST,...).
This seems not to be communicated well enough.

And: openSUSE does not have the reputation to be a lean distribution.

My 2c
Axel