Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 2016: taking a picture of openSUSE today
On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 8:38 PM, agustin benito bethencourt
<abebe@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Let me propose you some questions:

1.- What other variables we should put in place to create an accurate picture
of the current state of the project?

In the world of Linux distributions to dispose of such numbers is very
difficult, as you can only have approximations. But a good guide would
be the amount of isos downs, the amount of 13.1 distributions made
with suse live service, and also (to a lesser extent), the growth of
creation of new packages in the OBS service and the update to the
13.1.
(please, excuse me my bad english)

2.- What is the perception you think others have from the project?

As you know openSUSE has a solid reputation about a heavy distro, and
for "heavy" I'm thinking about to be a slow system. This is one. I'm
using Linux since 1993 and I know more or less the Linux community.
This perception is changing, but in a slowly way. By the way, openSUSE
has a very strong reputation about to be a solid and stable distro.

3.- What is your perception, your picture?

My picture is that openSUSE needs a Long Term Service (more than the 3
years that we can afford with the EverGreen program). I'm talking
about 5 years. If we can penetrate in the server market like Ubuntu
LTS (sorry for the comparisons but are inevitables), openSUSE will be
a very used and strong distro.

Thank you for the great job done!

Have a nice day ;-)
TooManySecrets

/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | FreeBSD Since 4.1
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail | GNU/Linux Since 1993.
X - NO Word docs in e-mail | openSUSE Member since 2008
/ \ - http://blog.toomany.net | http://twitter.com/toomanysecrets