Re: [opensuse-project] Question for Upcoming Board elections
On 06.11.2013 19:55, Robert Schweikert wrote:
On 11/06/2013 01:38 PM, Manu Gupta wrote:
Hi

I have a question, if someone wants to stand for the elections, can he
or she specifially apply for a one year or a two year team as there
are 2 seats on one year term.

Ultimately the Election Committee has to answer the question. My
interpretation is that the answer to your question is "No"

The decision about who gets 1 or 2 year terms is based on the number of votes
each candidate receives.

In this election the 2 highest vote getters will receive the 2 seats with the
2 year terms and the next 2 vote getters will get the 1 year term
seats.

That is my interpretation of the rule and not "official" the
Election-Committee has the final ruling on the interpretation of the Election
rules.

Hi,
the election committee is of the same opinion.
The 2 highest voted positions get the 2 year term, the 2 others the 1 year
terms.
Greetings

--
Thomas Schmidt (tom [at] opensuse.org)
"Don't Panic", Douglas Adams (11.03.1952 - 11.05.2001)