Re: [opensuse-project] GSoC 14 has been announced and a set of proposals
Hey,

Sorry for the top-posting
Yes, it was general, maybe we should separate it out. I dont know

How does this sound ?

3. Students are highly encouraged have committed some code / package
or some other form of contribution to openSUSE prior to GSoC. This
will help new comers familiarize with the community before GSoC and
also give ample time to mentors and the community to know the student.
Knowing people around you is a good way to start off and also
strengthen final GSoC proposals.