[opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-marketing] Re: [opensuse-factory] Call for help: 12.2 feature collection
On Monday, August 20, 2012 17:31:41 Guido Berhoerster wrote:
* Christopher Hofmann <cwh@xxxxxxx> [2012-08-20 17:13]:
Hi all,

openSUSE 12.2 will be released on Sept 5th, so there are only about 3
weeks left.

To prepare a proper press release we need to collect the most
interesting new features of 12.2.

For collecting them we need help. So if you know of any
super-duper-high-end-brand-new things that are on 12.2 and should go
into a press release feel free to add them to
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Major_features

A good source for finding more product highlights might be
http://download.opensuse.org/factory/repo/oss/ChangeLog

If you are coltish, feel free to read
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Product_highlights_writing
and help us to bring the collected items in a proper form

There is already
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Upcoming_features
with existing content, why yet another page?

The upcoming features page is part of the 'talking points' for ambassadors -
it tells them what to talk about for the UPCOMING release. The Product
Highlights (which, for 12.2, we're preparing here:
http://en.opensuse.org/Product_highlights_12.2 ) are meant for a released
version of openSUSE.

Obviously, a good start for the 12.2 product highlights is a copy-over from
the 'upcoming features' page you link to and I have done that - copied all
that over, cleaned it up a bit and tried to put it in the right places. Still
lots to do.

==We Need You==
Now, we need all packagers to go to the page and make sure their most
significant updates are mentioned there, preferably with a short list of
what's cool and new (and why it matters to users). If you don't, we can't
guarantee your packages will be mentioned and that would be sad... Note that
you don't have to write pretty marketing texts, others can turn your
'braindump' into prettyness if needed!

Once the list has all important changes in openSUSE 12.2 compared to 12.1,
we'll have to arrange for somebody to go over it, pretty up the text, and work
with others to get screenshots in. Based on that we can make announcements for
the press and all that and get this release out :D

Hugs,
Jos