Re: [opensuse-project] How does the decision making progress is called
  • From: Graham Anderson <graham.anderson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 14:54:21 +0200
On Monday 13 Aug 2012 14:29:40 Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
Nevertheless, the way "clear go " is defined makes me wonder, if the
community is a follower or the leader. I thought the poll system was to
include the community in situations like this, giving the opportunity to
be involved in the decision process.

The issue was discussed at length on the mailing lists with contributions from
lots of community members. At this point when the problem had been discussed
to death, no community members who were either willing or technically capable
of investigating the options had publiclly announced to the list any intention
to do so.

Around about this time, on the 25th June Marcus Meissner announced[1] to the
list some colleagues were looking into the problem but nothing had been
finalised.

Then recently AJ[2] announced to the list that there had been some progress
and that he and the engineers involved would communicate[3] their
investigations and proposals.

So all in all, there's been plenty of discussion, plenty of opportunity for
comunnity members to get involved and now we have a viable elegant proposal
which is flexible enough for our needs.

I don't see a problem with any of this.

Cheers the noo,
Graham