Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Bugzilla account creation.
  • From: Helen South <helen.south@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 13:00:46 +1000
What could we do to bring those users back? Maybe asking them would
be a good way to find out.

Seems that's a better approach than making assumptions and trying to
fix a problem that might not even be a primary cause that people left.

Jim

Nice research, Jim.

Hi
Some of it would/could also mean that openSUSE overall is
improving and users are having less issues to require forum/ML/IRC
participation?

good point, and I think a valid one - most of the time it just works.
It's not like the old days when you'd have to spend a day hunting for
some obscure driver to get your wireless working.

Also worth checking out the statistics in other venues - there are a
bunch of Linux and general tech forums where people can get answers.
Often smart googling provides the answer so a forum question isn't
required.
--
IRC: helen_au
helen.south@xxxxxxxxxxxx