Re: [opensuse-project] Re: UEFI situation
On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Larry Finger
<Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 06/25/2012 01:39 PM, Marcus Meissner wrote:

If we model this after the Fedora model, where the kernel is supposed to
be signed, then this will be hard to do.

In that model we will certainly not allow a random OBS kernel build to
be officially signed.

Agreed, but I would certainly want something upstream from the kernel
satisfy the signed requirement. Those of us that do kernel development need
to generate our own kernels.

Larry

Have either Linus Torvalds or the FSF weighed in on the Ubuntu
proposal, which features ditching GRUB2 as the bootloader?

Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb Computational Journalism Server
http://j.mp/compjournoserver

Data is the new coal - abundant, dirty and difficult to mine.