Re: [opensuse-project] Re: UEFI situation
On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 06:35:32PM +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 12:03:12 -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Marcus Meissner
<meissner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 02:43:41PM +1000, Chris Jones wrote:
So what was the decision/end result with the UEFI situation? Where
does OpenSUSE stand with the situation?

I talked to AJ and information currently is:

There is no final decision nor an end result.

Some SUSE engineers are working on UEFI secure boot, but otherwise
nothing was finalized.

Ciao, Marcus

I hope all 3 constituencies are considered in their evaluation:

1) SLES 2) openSUSE 3) SuseStudio

OBS probably needs to as well, since it can be/is used to build kernel
packages.

If we model this after the Fedora model, where the kernel is supposed to
be signed, then this will be hard to do.

In that model we will certainly not allow a random OBS kernel build to
be officially signed.

Ciao, Marcus