Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Improving the bug management lifecycle/process
  • From: Helen South <helen.south@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 18:27:43 +1000
Isn't the guided form the default?  It seems to be when I log in.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (13.2°C)

Going via googling for 'opensuse file a bug' -> first result looks
suitable - http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports

--> developers and experienced users go here:
https://bugzilla.novell.com/index.cgi and not being logged in, then I
pick 'enter a bug' (not knowing to search first... though being a
hypothetical 'experienced' user I probably should - it takes me to
Login page. and then I do see the guided page.

I did end up at the non-guided page previously, but not sure how.

On the first opensuse.org page it does recommend beginners to go to
the forums first. So what's happening there when users say they've
found a bug?

It seems that at least so far, the filtering process isn't too bad;
possibly it could be a little bit clearer and bolder for those with
short attention spans, but it doesn't look as broken as I was
expecting.

This is part of why we need to gather information before making
decisions: what does the whole process really look like, and what are
the real issues. No point in "barking up the wrong tree"!

--
IRC: helen_au
helen.south@xxxxxxxxxxxx