Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Does the project have a publicly accessible project management tool?
Hello,

Am Freitag, 18. Mai 2012 schrieb Wolfgang Rosenauer:
I have a comment about the wiki. Granted I do not write much there but
working with the "new" wiki is always a very high hurdle for me.

- when I try to fix something it won't be public but is waiting for
some magic maintainer to approve it.

At least in the main, Portal and SDB namespace, yes. The openSUSE
namespace does not require any approval.

The idea was to ensure a better article quality in the namespaces that
are relevant for end users. But yes, it can be annoying when you wait
for a fix to be published...

- when I want to add sites I always fail to create it because of
permissions

This shouldn't happen - can you give an example including the exact
error message (or a screenshot)?

(or just the lack of understanding the structure)

Well, that would mean that you "just" choose a "wrong" pagename or
namespace. This might annoy some wiki maintainers ;-) but shouldn't
block creation of a page.

- I find the structure highly confusing

Funnily the main goal of the new wiki was to get a clean structure ;-)

Note that I didn't say we reached that goal ;-)
However one of our problems is that a large number of pages _will_ cause
some chaos, independent of how much you think about the structure :-(
(Nevertheless: If you have a good idea how to enhance the structure,
please speak up.)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
programmers' biggest strength is that they're lazy bastards.
[Claudio Freire in opensuse-factory]