Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Improving the bug management lifecycle/process
  • From: Helen South <helen.south@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 07:51:58 +1000
Whole problem is that FAQ and wiki and bugzilla and forums and mail
lists must be up to date, all pointing to a solution. R-
Regards, Rajko
--

Perhaps not the whole problem, but certainly a big chunk.

As Jim wrote "I think that's where we need to do some discovery and
adopt some "best
practices"...". Discovery is important, gathering all these
experiences and ideas in one place.

I liked Yaloki's suggestion to use the Wiki - decision making on
project management etc will take time, and I've got a lot of material
here.

I actually started to create a wiki page, but was unsure about
namespaces and format, there's messages about QA and approval so I was
concerned about doing the wrong thing. At this point it's primarily
information-gathering and needs to hold lists of key points, ideas,
quotes from messages (with links to archived mailing list message),
and TO DO list. In a 'work in progress' format. I'm not even too
worried about the 'ToDo' plugin at this point, while it's a great
idea. A point list will do the job for now.

If someone could begin a page with the appropriate structure in
place, I can start populating it. Does a namespace need to be created
for 'workspace' documents?

If the Wiki turns out not to be appropriate we can easily extract the
information, we just need a place to start working on this.

--
IRC: helen_au
helen.south@xxxxxxxxxxxx