[opensuse-project] Re: Improving the bug management lifecycle/process
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 18:08:18 +0000 (UTC)
On Sat, 19 May 2012 12:41:39 -0500, Rajko wrote:

On Wed, 16 May 2012 16:14:13 +0000 (UTC)
Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The FAQ should be short Q&A, and the answers should link to the fuller
answers on the respective wiki pages.

Whole problem is that FAQ and wiki and bugzilla and forums and mail
lists must be up to date, all pointing to a solution. Right now with
dispersed and manually connected services we can't provide accurate path
to the solution that user needs when it encounters problem. How far user
has to go before solving a problem, depends on luck, ie. entry point and
does that point has any path to the solution.

I think if we can put together a recommended process, though, then this
will naturally follow on. Having a repeatable process makes it much
easier to put together a FAQ that addresses the process.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson