[opensuse-project] Re: Improving the bug management lifecycle/process
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 18:06:52 +0000 (UTC)
On Sat, 19 May 2012 09:27:45 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

Jim Henderson wrote:

Do we have any documentation with guidelines/instructions for how
people can get involved in the initial screening?

If we need some help with this screening, what we should probably do is
put together a set of desired skills for doing this screening, some
guidelines on how to do it, and then make announcements in appropriate
venues asking for volunteers to help out.

I don't know that the average user of openSUSE knows how to get
involved in doing something like this.

Getting involved is fairly easy in fact - there is a mailing list that
receives all bugzilla updates. I subscribed maybe two years ago, I
can't be certain. Filtering out all new bugs is easy.

On the one hand, yeah, that makes it easy - but understanding what to do
after you've subscribed to the list may not be so clear, especially to
those who are new to the process.

I think that's where we need to do some discovery and adopt some "best
practices", even if they're just guidelines for those getting involved.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson