Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Improving the bug management lifecycle/process
  • From: Roger Luedecke <roger.luedecke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 11:32:53 -0700
On Thu, 2012-05-17 at 00:14 +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:
People learn in different ways - myself, I'm far more kinesthetic
(hands-
on) in learning that those who can read something and get it. But I
also
have no problem just diving in in most cases and starting to do
rather
than wanting to be told what/how to do something so I don't break it.

From a training perspective, if we can come up with some content that
can
be re-purposed for different learning methods, we can cover a lot of
ground fairly easily. But the learning "industry" has been moving
away
from more monolithic methods of learning (read: instructor-led
classroom-
based training) and more towards more agile methods, such as podcasts/
video/short online sessions/etc.
We could adapt something akin to codeacademy.com. That is a brilliant
way to teach programming, and I think it could be adaptable to other
areas.