Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Introducing the Freight Train
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 21:41:41 +0200
Pascal Bleser wrote:

What would often help tremendously is to accept that opinions
and wording are highly depending on cultural factors. Obviously
we always read and understand everything with our own cultural
filter. That often leads to misunderstandings, bashing,
disrespect, frustration, etc... Actually it does every single
day, including in this project.

+1. It's unavoidable. Twenty years ago I worked in an organisation
with +30 different nationalities, we worked with those
misunderstandings, bashings, disrespect, frustration, etc every day.

If we want to improve our communication (I mean the
communication between the people who care and contribute to the
project), that is definitely one thing we should become more
conscious of, i.e. before we start an argument, pause and think
whether it isn't just a different understanding or background.
Not that easy to do though :)

Not at all easy, no. Especially not when most people remain in their
own countries most of their lives and rarely even encounter another
nationality. I think it's just something we have to live with, TBH.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (5.2°C)