Re: [opensuse-project] Re: bugzilla resolution "OBSOLETE"
  • From: Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 13:07:38 -0500
On Wed, 2012-05-16 at 19:58 +0200, Pascal Bleser wrote:
No. There are certainly de facto standards as most bug tracking
systems share many status names. And there are a lot of other
bug tracking systems, luckily ^^

IMHO we should just put a little thought into the status names
to not sound rude when it shouldn't (WONTFIX is the perfect
example of something that sounds really rude ("go eff yourself",
kinda), at least to those who aren't used to bugzilla and the
processes, or understanding how the bugs are triaged and worked
on, which, afaics, is not all that transparent.

Agreed. Although I don't think its merely the word itself that always
comes out rude. Its the comments. Seeing WONTFIX naturally makes me
curious to find the reasoning behind it and when I scroll down to the
comments, that's usually where the real "rudeness" comes into play. :-)

But as Jim wrote, let's not get stuck on details right now.

Agreed. That's why I was hoping there might be some formal reference we
could look at instead of bogging ourselves down in minutiae of wording.
But since there isn't, my intention is moot. :-)

Bryen