[opensuse-project] Re: bugs that are against 11.1
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 04:32:32 +0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 16 May 2012 14:25:11 +1000, Helen South wrote:

I'm a little out of the loop on this stuff - is there an existing thread
on bugzilla and how it works, flaws, issues etc?
I've only ever filed the one bug I think, so you'll have to excuse my
ignorance about it.

I don't recall seeing one - this kinda grew out of the "Freight Train"
thread.

But I've been involved on a number of discussions (mostly with forum
users) about bug submissions, and usually (but not always) the person, if
not technical, is intimidated by the process because it's not explained
at a 'lay-person' level.

How much flexibility do we have to adapt the way it works? Is there
possibilities to flag 'power users' whose bugs usually deserve closer
attention, or to flag 'more information available/needed' and so on?

In terms of the process, I think we have a lot of flexibility. In terms
of the specifics in the system itself, that may depend. The
implementation at bugzilla.novell.com is stretched /extremely/ thin (last
I heard, which was a little over a year ago, just before the layoff that
affected - among others - me). The number of products and group
management is one of the more extreme implementations from what I've
heard.

However I fear I'm asking old questions. I'd like to get more 'up to
speed'; it'd be interesting to contribute in this area, it seems
valuable.

I would agree, and I doubt anyone who knows me would be surprised. :)

Jim

--
Jim Henderson