Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Introducing the Freight Train
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 19:58:18 +0200
Vincent Untz wrote:

Le mardi 15 mai 2012, à 18:41 +0200, Per Jessen a écrit :

On 2012-05-15 15:46, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
How do you think I learned about our infrastructure? How do you
think I keep up with changes in our infrastructure?

But you are inside! You have access to the phone list, for
example.

Inside of what? SUSE you mean?

I personally have worked tirelessly the last 6+ years, from the
start of openSUSE, together with a lot of my friends in this
project, to make this an independent open source project.

You don't need to be inside SUSE to achieve anything in openSUSE.
Everything is as accessible for you as it is for me as SUSE
employee. The "phone list", infrastructure, documentation, tools,
information, people... everything.

The problem now (actually since a year or so) is that, after we've
succeeded in creating this freedom, not enough people step up and
do something with it.

I'd like to fix something on the mirrors.opensuse.org website, how do
I get access?

I'd ask darix on IRC, or mail admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx to know.

Vincent

Thanks, I'll try that.