Re: [opensuse-project] download stats?
On 05/11/2012 09:39 PM, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
On Friday 11 May 2012 15.46:09 Peter Czanik wrote:
Hello,
We try to estimate the number of syslog-ng users. We already know the
number of source downloads, as that's downloaded from our servers. As
one of our most popular platform is openSUSE / SLES (where syslog-ng is
installed by default), I'd like to know, if it is possible to get any
download statistics how many times syslog-ng binaries were downloaded.
The syslog-ng package is part of all releases, Base:system,
home:czanik:* and a couple more project under home:.
A rough estimate of SLES users would also be useful, but I guess, that's
not public data...
Peter it seems to me that at least 11.4& 12.1 use rsyslog by default now.
at least that's what I've seen on +12 systems around
I know. But syslog-ng was default for quite some time, it is still default on SLES. So many openSUSE users still use it, as this is what they are used to. I just would like to have a rough estimate, how many.
Bye,
CzP