Re: [opensuse-project] Introducing the Freight Train
Hey,

On 05/10/2012 11:12 AM, Guido Berhoerster wrote:
On 10.05.2012 08:58, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
On Tuesday 08 May 2012 11:04:32 Guido Berhoerster wrote:
* Andreas Jaeger<aj@xxxxxxxx> [2012-05-07 21:46]:
<snip>
But we have in 2011 more non-SUSE folks contributing - so if we
vote, the non-SUSE folks would win ;)

True, there is a large wider community, but then generally we
don't vote on technical matters or have a formal decision-making
process on technical matters like e.g. Fedora.

Well, we do, theoretically - if maintainers can't figure things out and the
release team can't call the shots and the board can't find a solution either
we do a project-wide vote.

I think others have pointed out before that things are not always that
simple and not all packages are created equal and exist in a vacuum.

Right. That's why disrupting changes are discussed among maintainers on
fate, bugzilla and -factory. Of course cross-dependencies exist and of
course collaboration is a necessity for all of us!

Those facts don't change the way we organize: openSUSE is bottom up.
Nobody will tell you what to do, just do what you like and collaborate
with others. That's the basic principle of FOSS and that's how we work.

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, openSUSE
http://www.hennevogel.de