Re: [opensuse-project] download.opensuse.org IPV6 address breaks updates
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 13:33:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Tuesday, 2012-05-08 at 07:41 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

Carlos E. R. wrote:

The answer is the same, in both cases I get the IPv6 address - and my
network is not IPv6 capable. I still do not see how using the google
dns can help me. I want an answer that does not include that IPv6
address in the response, because if I get it, YaST tries it when IPv4
fails. I need yast to fail when the IPv4 address fails.

Why does it make a difference? The problem remains the same whether or
not IPv6 is involved.

It does, I can not download from IPv6 addresses. I do not want IPv6 answers from DNS.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)