Re: [troll] Re: [opensuse-project] Question about openSUSE Summit
On 02/05/12 23:50, Pascal Bleser wrote:
On 2012-05-02 21:30:18 (+1000), Basil Chupin<blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01/05/12 10:07, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
[...]
You have a todo list now? DUDE, you rock :D
/quote
dude
1) Originally, “dude” meant a stuck up person who dressed overly
well. It first emerged in the year 1883 in England.
2) Later it was used in the old west to mean a city person who moved
to the west without actually know what he was doing. Synonymous with
“city-slicker”
3) Later, in California, the term changed from these insults to a
term meaning any male, human or otherwise. Sometimes it is used in
reference to tom-girls. Now, it is often used for emphasis as well.
/uquote
<quote>
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,
extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such
as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the
primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional
response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic
discussion.
</quote>

Let's please stay on topic, thank you.

Not trolling, Pascal, simply hinting that people don't always see this term in a benevolent light and consider it to be insulting (like I do).

However, I do see your point about staying on topic and thank you for tactfully pointing this out to me.

BC