Re: [opensuse-project] bad news: download.opensuse.org lost its filesystem
On 02/05/12 17:51, Stephan Kulow wrote:
On 30.04.2012 11:02, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Hi,

We face at the moment a rather critical problem - in
download.opensuse.org's RAID 2 discs died at the same time,
which means we can't restore the filesystem at all.

Most stuff is copied somewhere else, but restoring it from
scratch can take easily a day - we're talking about several TB.

For now I redirect download.o.o to widehat.opensuse.org, which
won't be able to hold the load for long - but it's better than
spitting errors.
OK, we managed to rebuild the data - I'm currently rerunning a full
sync of the buildservice repositories and will do a full rescan of the
mirrors and after that we should be all green again.

But due to this trouble I would like to cancel Milestone 4 without
replacement. We will have Milestone 5 in time - I hope. Any other
suggestions?

Greetings, Stephan

No, and skipping #4 is a sensible thing to do.

BC