Re: [opensuse-project] bad news: download.opensuse.org lost its filesystem
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 11:51:04 +0200
Will Stephenson wrote:

On Monday 30 Apr 2012 11:02:08 Stephan Kulow wrote:
We face at the moment a rather critical problem - in
download.opensuse.org's RAID 2 discs died at the same time,
which means we can't restore the filesystem at all.

Most stuff is copied somewhere else, but restoring it from
scratch can take easily a day - we're talking about several TB.

For now I redirect download.o.o to widehat.opensuse.org, which
won't be able to hold the load for long - but it's better than
spitting errors.

Any updates today? openSUSE without download.opensuse.org repos is
like back in the 7.2 days where we had to wait for a new distro
release to get updated packages.

download.opensuse.org has been working for me since this morning.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (15.8°C)