[opensuse-project] Last chance to have changes mentioned!
  • From: Jos Poortvliet <jos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 10:58:17 -0200
Hey all,

Today is your last chance to get changes in openSUSE mentioned in the Product
Highlights and the release announcement. Tonight I will begin to move them to
the wiki and write the first draft of the release announcement.

Tomorrow the announcement as well as the Highlights will be send to the press
so they can prepare for their articles. Any major changes not mentioned in our
documentation by that time will thus not be featured in their work.

So, if one or more of the updates you've done is really significant - make
sure it is mentioned in the Product Highlights. If it represents a major deal,
mention that and explain what's cool, it might make it into the announcement
itself :D

The page below is like a wiki, except that you don't need to know wiki syntax
or anything else, just go in and edit. It has a history slider and we will
review the text so don't be afraid of making mistakes.

http://ietherpad.com/12-1-release-notes

Usually, a name + version number and a link to where I can find an overview of
what's new & cool is enough (we'll write the text) but of course you can help
us a lot by writing a short summary yourself.

Thanks!

The marketeers