[opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-arm] Growing some openSUSE ARMs

<snip>

Well cool - why did it take us ~ 1.5 years to notice ;) .
I just dropped factory pack then as it is too much for just one penguin.

2) SUSE are going to be doing another HackWeek (I think it is next week)
which means Adrian, Alex, Dirk and anyone else that has knowledge,
experience or interest can join in the fun and pain almost full time for
a week - let's not kid ourselves here there is a high probability for
lots of pain, but also fun ;-) Thing is HackWeek is not just for SUSE
staff, it is also for the community. You can join in and spend some
quality time on the project with those that know a whole heap of stuff,
and learn from them and maybe even teach them something too.

We are going to be targeting ARMv7 nothing older I'm afraid this means
CORTEX-A8 and above (looking at A9 primarily and then the new A15 when
it's available), it gets too messy otherwise and it is already messy
enough.If you have knowledge and experience, please help out. If you
don't take part you have no justification to complain - you've got to be
in it to win it ;-)

So I'm basically just giving you all a heads up on this effort, and will
update you as regularly as possible (I'm hoping to do something weekly
maybe). In the meantime, if you're interested join #opensuse-arm on
Freenode and the opensuse-arm mailing list. *DO NOT HARRASS* for
updates, if there is something to say it will be said. If you've got a
question, ask and *WAIT* for an answer. If you want to help out but want
to know how ask and *WAIT* for an answer. I will try and get something
on the wiki soon, with a todo list etc.

I think we should get people like Jan-Simon Möller on board as he started
the first openSuSE ARM build in 2009 and also the ARM build in OBS. I
think it'll kick-start the ARM port.

Thanks and here's to getting our Geeko some ARMs.

So let get a crew together - we have the knowledge and the tools.
I'm willing to do my part on the weekends and continue what I did back then.

Time to wipe android from the transformer ?! ;)

Best,
Jan-Simon