Re: [opensuse-project] New questions for people of openSUSE
On 2011-04-27 Per wrote:
Jos Poortvliet wrote:
On 2011-04-25 Per wrote:
Kim Leyendecker wrote:
Am 25.04.2011 08:56, schrieb Per Jessen:
It's not really any of my business, but when I read "People of
openSUSE", I want to know about the people, not about what they
do in the project.

Well, I actually wanted to merge these questions with the current
question sheet.

Okay, that makes a lot more sense.

The problem with the current question sheet is that it is far too
long. Having more than 5-6 questions simply makes it a tl;dr
thing.

Moreover, the current questions don't invite an interesting answer.
If you ask "what is your favorite color" chances are you get
"blue". In other words, a completely boring and uninteresting
answer. If you ask "what is the coolest thinkg you ever did in
openSUSE" you get a _personal story_, which is obviously a lot
more interesting.

Actually, I think you're likely to get equally boring answers to both
of those questions. However, the open style of the latter is much
better than the closed ditto of the former. I would just change the
2nd question to "what is the coolest thing you ever did?"

Ok, let me change this on the wiki and let's try and keep it to those
questions then. I still do disagree that asking for 'your favorite
color' and asking for 'coolest thing you did in openSUSE' are equally
likely to get a boring answer but it's hard to prove that :D

I just suggest to resist the urge
to add too much, dilluting what's actually interesting. For
everyone who loves to read 3 page long interviews with questions
about pets and the color of your underwear, 99 people tune out.

Or vice versa.

/Per