Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Conference 2011: program commitee meeting #1
Hi Klaas,

Le dimanche 24 avril 2011, à 20:23 +0200, Klaas Freitag a écrit :
The team agreed on the following:
* the motto is not critical right now, and may still be decided
upon later,
hmm, I would have objected to this in the meeting. The child needs
a name, so please we shouldn't hesitate too long.

The thing is that the motto is, in good part, a marketing thing, and
there are several things to consider. In the end, the marketing team can
own the issue of finding a good motto as long as we (program committee)
are happy with the message it conveys.

* for sessions on collaboration, we will reach out to projects
and people who work on things that have a direct connection with
what we do
hmm, not sure if I understand this correctly. I thought it would be
great to collaborate also with completely different stuff than ours if
it makes sense, think "openSUSE - more than a product". This sounds
limiting, but I believe its not really meant that way. I read it "focus",
ok?

I'm not sure I understand what you wrote correctly ;-) The point was
that successful collaboration sessions are likely to be ones where there
is a will to collaborate with a specific project. The systemd session
from last year was an example of what was good. So we want to
specifically ping some projects/people because we believe they'll make a
difference for the conference. That doesn't mean we should restrict
ourselves to that list we'll create, imho.

Cheers,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.