Re: [opensuse-project] Re: zypper slow
On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 01:42:30PM +1000, Chris Jones wrote:
Well I did try with the Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and with the same result, which
is what I expected. Because if it was a DNS issue for some reason, it
wouldn't be limited to zypper and openSUSE. As previously mentioned both yum
and apt work perfect and fast in both functioning and downloading of
packages.

I freshly installed openSUSE last night and updated. The actual launch and
function of zypper doesn't seem to be the issue. It definitely appears to be
the downloading of packages as the actual noted download speeds of each
package was VERY inconsistent. I suspect it's the mirror from where my
packages are sourced.

Do you happen to use a 3com 3C905c-TX/TXM ethernet card? There
seems to be a bug in the 11.4 driver for this card. See also
bug #688454.

Cheers,
Michael.

--