RE: [opensuse-project] Re: zypper slow
  • From: "Chris Jones" <chrisjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 13:44:31 +1000
From: Rajko M. [mailto:rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2011 2:34 AM
To: opensuse-project@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [opensuse-project] Re: zypper slow

The information is logged in /var/log/zypper.log and it is a lot of things
that are logged, so you probably want to run something like:

grep -i "mediacurl(http://"; /var/log/zypper.log > zypper-http

and then look into zypper-http file with your favorite text editor.
Some lines will be just checking repos, others will be redirects.

I recommend not to use mirrors directly, unless you are confident that
selected mirror is trustworthy. Using http://download.opensuse.org ensures
that meta files describing repositories and files, including check sums and
signatures are correct, as they are served directly from
http://download.opensuse.org .

Cheers

<snip a bit oversized signature> :)

--
Regards,
Rajko

Ok. So unless I've changed the repository to otherwise, it should be
sourcing directly from opensuse.org servers?

Regards

Chris Jones