Re: [opensuse-project] Balsam Professional & Balsam Enterprise
Am 22.04.2011 20:57, schrieb Vincent Untz:
Can you clarify what you mean here?

To me "not supporting Balsam" doesn't mean "hey, guys, you're crazy to
do Balsam, we hate you". It just means we support the software we
produce inside the openSUSE project

He´s a smart guy, he understands what´s support mean ;)
(ie, the openSUSE distribution, but
also the build service, openfate, etc.), but we don't support this
specific derivative over which we don't have a direct control. In the
very same way that we don't support a lot of other derivatives.

Now, there might also be opinions like "we don't really understand why
you do Balsam instead of helping change openSUSE to make it do what you
want" (which, I think, is a fair opinion). But unless such opinions
become a statement from the Board, it's just personal opinions.

Those opinions might reflect what a good part of the community thinks,
though, in which case this means there's at least a misunderstanding
between the community and open-slx. If this is the case, then both the
community and open-slx should work on helping clear the
misunderstanding.
Vincent, the whole story is easy. Open-SLX wants get people behind their product. That´s normal. Every project/company would do it so. And as I understood it, they felt a little "pissed" because I threw the sentence "we don´t support Balsam" into the room. That is the same as you want to go out with a girl and she says: "No I don´t go out with you, so, take yourself away..."

openSUSE Ambassador / openSUSE Wiki Team DE
HAVE A LOT OF FUN!
http://www.opensuse.org | http://www.suse.de
Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.