Re: [opensuse-project] GNOME3 now ready?
I find GNOME Shell pretty stable and rather OK for daily use (I didn't test any
GNOME 3.x
applications.).
What I don't like, though, it GNOME 3.0's dependencies on not-so-ready
components.
E.g. it requires NetworkManager 0.9 which according to NM's website hasn't even
officially
released yet (not even as beta) <http://projects.gnome.org/NetworkManager/>.
NM 0.9 also breaks everything that has not been ported to it yet.

Thus the "ready" part is relative. It's definitely not ready for any KDE person
who wants
to give G3 a try because vital KDE components are left in a broken state
afterwards.
I've also read that G3 on openSUSE also installs some other 'ati' drivers
(Gallium-based
instead of the tested classic ones) which may result in unforeseen consequences
for Radeon
owners.

So despite of the readiness of G3, I'd suggest to add a disclaimer for it's
dependencies.

Markus