Re: [opensuse-project] Balsam Professional & Balsam Enterprise
Am 21.04.2011 02:07, schrieb Pascal Bleser:
So you guys are doing what we've been asked specifically_not_ to
do because it would harm Novell's business ?
Please tell me the reasons why it would harm Novell´s business?

Well, it wouldn´t harm Novell´s business. Do it harm Red Hat when there´s a free clone of their RHEL? No, the oposite is the case.

Novell would get a bigger community which supports SLE. Why? Because I can free download the clone, and get the updates. So I can test the clone how long I wanted to test it and then buy a "real" SLE. I´m already familiar with SLE and would be more secure to use it.

That´s the way how the RHEL/CentOS-modell runs.

And by the way, there many users who really want some kind of SuSE Professional for middle companies like SuSE has offered in the past.

thanks

openSUSE Ambassador / openSUSE Wiki Team DE
HAVE A LOT OF FUN!
http://www.opensuse.org | http://www.suse.de
Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.