Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Come and help!
On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 02:02:10PM +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:
Not only that, but I'm sure that those who use the mailing lists really
wouldn't want the 50,000+ people who are subscribed to the forums to
start posting all of their questions to the mailing lists. These mailing
lists would then become pretty much completely unusable. Mailing lists
tend to be suitable for relatively small groups, but if you were suddenly
receiving several thousand e-mails a day, I'm sure you would be quite
unhappy about it.

Not true at all, I get several thousand emails a day, and they are
handled just fine. That's what email clients do, and have done, for
years, in a very managable manner.

So don't think this is unreasonable, it isn't.

thanks,

greg k-h