Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Come and help!
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 18:04:34 +0200
Jim Henderson wrote:

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:31:51 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

I think it's entirely appropriate to redirect someone when better
help
is available elsewhere. That it happens to be to another openSUSE
forum or list, that's life, we chose it that way.

You choose to use e-mail lists, Per, and that's fine - others in
overwhelming numbers use the forums: We currently have 56769
registered users there.

This isn't about the medium, Jim - it's about where the best help can be
found. When someone advises me that I'd get a better answer elsewhere,
it's my problem if I choose to ignore that advice.

At some point, *we* have to go where the *users* are and use what the
users find most convenient to them.

I beg to differ. If you want help, go to where help can be found.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (13.2°C)