Re: [opensuse-project] AN OPEN PROPOSAL ON openSUSE VERSION NUMBERING
On Monday, April 11, 2011 03:08:42 PM Greg Freemyer wrote:
So while I like the basic idea Drew has a lot, I'd like to keep to
exactly the current numbering for "major releases" and add a 3rd digit
for sub-releases.

While I see that your idea with subreleases numbering can easily get traction
as it doesn't change what was agreed upon in recent pools, I still consider
Drew's idea as final solution to get rid of complex numbering that servers
nothing, but to confuse people.

In his proposal minor numbers finally get meaning as usual, minor improvements
to base release.

--
Regards,
Rajko