Re: [opensuse-project] organization of conference
On Friday, April 08, 2011 6:10:01 PM Helen South wrote:
On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 2:19 AM, Steven Sroka <sroka.steven@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I agree, but we don't want our conference motto to get stale. So once
in a while it does need to get changed.

TBH if I saw 'Collaboration Across Borders' I'd assume I was looking
at an old page and go googling for something up to date.

Completely agreed. Need at least a small modification to differentiate from
the last conference. So anyone can find easily and wihout doubts it's this
year conference with new themes. Said so if you want to keep the same spirit
from last year and addin some spice into it to make it nice one. You could
add: "Collaboration Across Borders: the Beginning" , "Collaboration Across
Borders: the Development" or anything that make sense and focus what would be
the central motto this time but renewed.

As per the other thread on this topic, what about the suggested
rwxrwxrwx - rwx^3 - kinda techy, but why not for something with a bit
of a developer focus,
and those of us who are less techy enjoy that we know enough to grok
the meaning. :)

Collaboration is great, but I don't think it's bad for the
distribution to look inwards occasionally. Like meditation,
strengthens the mind.

Inclusive "Collaboration Across Borders: Stronger" is connotative for "inward"
and "outward" strenghts. It doesn't make a distinction and covers the angles.

Regards,

--
Ricardo Chung | openSUSE Linux Ambassador
Panama

openSUSE 11.4 | KDE 4.6.00 release 6 |
Mesa 3D-Nouveau Gallium 7.10 video drivers