Re: [opensuse-project] oSConference: Theme & Program Planning
  • From: Helen South <helen.south@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 07:54:39 +1000
On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 6:53 AM, Klaas Freitag <freitag@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok, good points. I agree. The only issue I see is to get new people
in. If we do the conference too much centric around ourselfes (which
is NOT what you suggest, I know that) no new people will show up and
we end up entertaining ourselfes. Given that our community has grown
already that would'nt be bad actually. And I am convinced that if we
do it smart, we can manage to talk about our backyard and make it
attractive to new enthusiasts. I think that requires some self confidence
but this thread is a sign that we have it. Great.

That's a good point, something to keep in mind while planning, to
ensure that there is balance.
Also some central things, for instance approaches to package
management or quality assurance,
are common to other projects and distributions.

One example might be that we could learn how Inkscape creates such
great documentation :)

Make some tracks around our own projects.
I mean, we had that last year as well, but obviously from another
perspective.

Or, to put it differently: more of a read/write conference than
a read-only one.
Yeah, thats convincing :-)

Theme: "rwxrwxrwx" (read, write and execute for the owner, the
group, and the world ;))
I like that very much. I would support that, even though that needs some
explanation for 'outsiders', but that can be done.

I love the rwxrwxrwx or rwx^3 idea, very funky.
A background graphic could be a terminal with ls -l output, with the
geeko across the front.

--
IRC: helen_au
helen.south@xxxxxxxxxxxx