[opensuse-project] I want to be a mentor for the proposal "Hot File system Backup using Ext4 Snapshots"
  • From: sergey ivanov <sergey57@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 13:50:22 -0400
Hi,
I'm Sergey Ivanov, I'd like to be a mentor for the proposal "Hot File
system Backup using Ext4 Snapshots". Freenode IRC Nick: seriv.
I work in OmniTI as a system administrator. I'd like to have good
snapshots with means to serialize the changes made on the filesystem
between them and to send/receive these from one filesystem to another
on linux. I use this every day in solaris on zfs and miss it in
linux. I was a packager in Altlinux team (dovecot, reiser4...), and
helped by testing and benchmarking filesystems.
If I need to send more details or information, please tell what and
where to supply.
--
Regards,
Sergey Ivanov