Re: [opensuse-project] Applying for GSoc fillup-ng & Introduction
  • From: Kostas Koudaras <warlordfff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 12:47:05 +0300
2011/3/30 Christos Bountalis <c.bountalis@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hello,

   My name is Christos, i am student from Greece. I am in my final year of
my studies for a BSc in Computer Science.I am thinking of applying for the
GSoc idea "fillup-ng". I have read the description of the project,the
required knowledge and the man pages of fillup and i think i can make. Even
thought i have joined before mailing lists of open source communities(made
some translations for gnome), it is the first time i will join as a
developer (if i am finally accepted as a gsoc student). I have quite a time
now the desire to contribute something back, and hopefully i will be able to
do so even in a very small part. That is the main reason for applying to for
gsoc, i really want to learn how to work with such a big community of people
and be part of one. Well i will write more in my application just thought it
would be nice to introduce myself on the list too. I have already been in
the irc #opensuse-project my nickname there is mpounta.

   P.S. I would really need more information about fillup before i make my
application so any suggestions on useful material i could read would be very
nice.

Hi Christos for more information in Greek you could join the
#opensuse-el channel (at Freenode) and either look for me (warlordfff)
or ankso who was a GSoC student and now is heading for mentor

Best Regards,
Christos Bountalis

Kostas

--